As children of light, It is our mandate to spread the good news of God’s unconditional love and sacrifice by giving.
and what better way to spread the good news during this time! Jesus cared deeply about the poor and the downtrodden, demonstrating His compassion in tangible ways. This holiday season we’re showing our compassion by partnering with 3 local charities. Join us in supporting families in need!
Various items to be donated can be found below
Herizon House offers free confidential services 24 hours a day and provide a place of safety, support and empowerment for abused women and their children. Herizon House is committed to ending the cycle of abuse and violence in the community.
Last day for donations is Sunday December 5
– Twin sheets and Comforter
– Dish Sets
– Cutlery Sets
– Pots & Pans
– LEGO sets
– Plus Plus
– Magna Tiles
– Gender neutral toys for ages 6-12.
– Womens PJ’s
– Non-slip Slippers for Women & Children
– Winter Coats,Hats, Gloves, and Scarves
The Denise House
The Denise House exists to provide a safe, supportive and inclusive environment to abused women and their children in Durham Region and strives to provide integrated, anti-racist, anti-oppression services to empower the diversity of all women to choose their own future.
– Warm pj’s top and bottom.(Sizes XS,S,M,L)
– Winter coats (Sizes S,M,L,XL)
– Boots (Sizes 7,8,9,10)
– Winter coats (Sizes 2,4,5T,7T)
– Boots (Sizes 2,3,4,5)
– Pencil crayons
– Washable paints
– Gift cards from Apple Store for games on Ipads
– Toys from Dollarama, Michaels and Mastermind
Gift Cards from:
– Walmart, Giant Tiger, Canadian Tire, Tim Hortons, McDonald, Dairy Queen
Daily Bread Food Bank
The Daily Bread Food Bank is a non-denominational Canadian charity organisation that strives to end hunger in urban communities. The organisation is based in Toronto, Ontario, and feeds thousands of low-income people a year. They also provide valuable resources to the same demographic in order to find them financial assistance and support when needed.
– Peanut butter
– Canned fruits
– Canned soup
– Canned stew(chili etc…)
– Beans (lintels, chickpeas, kidney beans)
– Canned fish (tuna in water)
– 100% fruit juice
– Canned vegetables (tomatoes, corn, peas)
– Baby food
– Baby formula